LATICRETE HYDRO BAN Shower Pan
The HYDRO BAN® Shower Pan provides you with the convenience of a smaller, easier to handle multi-piece pre-fab shower pan for waterproofing shower applications.
$ 67.07 – $ 171.94
Item No.: 9243-3260-CDP
Item No.: 9243-4872-CDP
Item No.: 9243-3260-OCDP
Item No.: 9243-3838-CDP
Item No.: 9243-4848-CDP-BF
Item No.: 9243-4848-CDP
Item No.: 9243-7272-CDP
The HYDRO BAN® Shower Pan provides you with the convenience of a smaller, easier to handle multi-piece pre-fab shower pan for waterproofing shower applications. Uses include: industrial, commercial and residential bathrooms, as well as stalled gang showers and pet showers where a pre-sloped shower is required.
One of the best easily installable shower pans available in the market, the Laticrete hydro ban shower pan is a lightweight, high-density, rapid installation shower pan widely preferred by builders and homeowners. The product is ready to tile and come with its assembly of installation kits. It is also fully waterproof. The shower pan comes in custom sizes and shapes.
Pre-sloped shower pan eliminates the need for traditional mud bed installations.
- Lightweight and durable, easy to transport and handle during shower installation.
- Can quickly and easily be modified to size on site.
The Laticrete Hydro Ban Shower Pan has many features that make it a highly versatile product for shower stalls of varying designs. Below are some of those.
- The Hydro Ban shower pan is pre-sloped and fully ready to tile. It eliminates any requirements for mud-based installations that are common with traditional shower pans.
- The Hydro Ban Shower Pan is durable and lightweight. It can be easily transported from one place to another, handled with ease at the time of installation, and kept for years.
- The waterproofing of this product meets the requirements of ANSI A118.10.
- That aside, it also fulfills the standard of IAMPO-PS- 46.
- The product comes with an inclusive assembly of factory-installed drain fittings.
- One of the best things about the hydro ban shower pan is that it can be modified on-site without much difficulty or time.
- The shower pan has a single-source responsibility.
- Laticrete offers a lifetime warranty on all the components of the Hydro Ban shower pan.
- The product works perfectly with the tile and stone installation materials available with Laticrete.
How to Install a Hydro Ban Shower Pan
Installing the Laticrete Hydro Ban Shower Pan is easy. It only involves a few quick steps that any practiced installer can accomplish in less time. Here is how the pan can be installed in a shower stall.
- Using a utility saw, put the pan together to the required size. Make sure you dry-fit the pan before installation to make sure that you have the right size.
- Once you are ready to go, apply a layer of thin-set on the substrate using a trowel. Once done, skim coat the back of the panel also.
- Now set the panel right on top of the substrate, thus making sure that it is fit corner to corner and tightly seated on top.
- Once the panel is set, fix the leveling and place weights on top of it to make sure that it settles well on the substrate. Leave the weights on for at least 30 minutes.
- Finish the installation of the base by applying the sealant on all four sides of the panel.
- You can clean up the excess sealant with a margin trowel.
- Now secure the boards in place using the screws packed inside the installation kit. Follow the instructions on the manual for this.