LATICRETE HYDRO BAN Shower Pan
The HYDRO BAN® Shower Pan provides you with the convenience of a smaller, easier to handle multi-piece pre-fab shower pan for waterproofing shower applications.
$ 67.07 – $ 171.94
Item No.: 9243-3260-CDP
Item No.: 9243-4872-CDP
Item No.: 9243-3260-OCDP
Item No.: 9243-3838-CDP
Item No.: 9243-4848-CDP-BF
Item No.: 9243-4848-CDP
Item No.: 9243-7272-CDP
The HYDRO BAN® Shower Pan provides you with the convenience of a smaller, easier to handle multi-piece pre-fab shower pan for waterproofing shower applications. Uses include industrial, commercial and residential bathrooms, as well as stalled gang showers and pet showers where a pre-sloped shower is required.
One of the best easily installable shower pans available in the market, the Laticrete hydro ban shower pan is a lightweight, high-density, rapid installation shower pan widely preferred by builders and homeowners. The product is ready to tile and comes with its assembly of installation kits. It is also fully waterproof. The shower pan comes in custom sizes and shapes.
Creating a perfect floor for your shower is a simple and easy process. And the Laticrete hydro ban shower pan can make it convenient for you to handle many pre-fab shower pan pieces that help in waterproofing the shower applications.
Let us find out more about the same under the following sub-heads below-
So, let us take one sub-topic at a time here.
Features of Laticrete Hydro Ban Shower Pan
- The Laticrete Hydro Ban Shower Pan is a versatile product that offers ease of transportation and handling.
- It is lightweight and durable.
- Since the product is pre-sloped, it is ready for tiling.
- You can avoid installing the traditional mud bed.
- The Laticrete Hydro Ban Shower Pan meets the requirement of ANSI A118.10. and IAMPO-PS-46
- You can transport from one place to another with considerable ease.
- One of the best features of this product is that you will be able to modify it on-site without hassles.
Having seen the features of the Laticrete shower pan, let us find out more about the Laticrete Hydro Ban Shower Pan installation.
Hydro ban shower pan installation
- Installing the Laticrete hydro ban shower pan is easy and you can complete the process in just a few steps.
- First start with putting the pan together according to the size, by using a utility saw. But first, you must dry-fit so that you can get the right size.
- When you have completed the above process, with the help of a trowel you must apply a single layer of thin set on the substrate.
- You must skim-coat the rear side of the panel too.
- The next step is setting the panel at the top of the substrate so that you can ensure that it fits corner to corner and sits tightly on the top.
- The setting of the panel is followed by fixing the leveling and placing the weights on the top to ensure that the same settle on the substrate.
- You must leave the weights for at least 30 minutes
- Next, you must finish installing the base with the help of the sealant which you apply on the panel’s four sides.
- If there is any extra sealant around, clean it up with the help of a margin trowel.
- The final step is securing the boards in position with the help of screws that remain packed within the installation kit. Alternatively, you can also go through the manual where you will get the procedure for the same.
Notes to Remember
The Laticrete Hydro Ban Shower Pan is one of the most sought-after products preferred by homeowners and builders. It is waterproof and is available as ready-to-tile equipped with an installation kit. The shower pan is available in different shapes and sizes for customization.
Pre-sloped shower pan eliminates the need for traditional mud bed installations.
- Lightweight and durable, easy to transport and handle during shower installation.
- Can quickly and easily be modified to size on site.
The Laticrete Hydro Ban Shower Pan has many features that make it a highly versatile product for shower stalls of varying designs. Below are some of those.
- The Hydro Ban shower pan is pre-sloped and fully ready to tile. It eliminates any requirements for mud-based installations that are common with traditional shower pans.
- The Hydro Ban Shower Pan is durable and lightweight. It can be easily transported from one place to another, handled with ease at the time of installation, and kept for years.
- The waterproofing of this product meets the requirements of ANSI A118.10.
- That aside, it also fulfills the standard of IAMPO-PS- 46.
- The product comes with an inclusive assembly of factory-installed drain fittings.
- One of the best things about the hydro ban shower pan is that it can be modified on-site without much difficulty or time.
- The shower pan has a single-source responsibility.
- Laticrete offers a lifetime warranty on all the components of the Hydro Ban shower pan.
- The product works perfectly with the tile and stone installation materials available with Laticrete.
How to Install a Hydro Ban Shower Pan
Installing the Laticrete Hydro Ban Shower Pan is easy. It only involves a few quick steps that any practiced installer can accomplish in less time. Here is how the pan can be installed in a shower stall.
- Using a utility saw, put the pan together to the required size. Make sure you dry-fit the pan before installation to make sure that you have the right size.
- Once you are ready to go, apply a layer of thin-set on the substrate using a trowel. Once done, skim coat the back of the panel also.
- Now set the panel right on top of the substrate, thus making sure that it is fit corner to corner and tightly seated on top.
- Once the panel is set, fix the leveling and place weights on top of it to make sure that it settles well on the substrate. Leave the weights on for at least 30 minutes.
- Finish the installation of the base by applying the sealant on all four sides of the panel.
- You can clean up the excess sealant with a margin trowel.
- Now secure the boards in place using the screws packed inside the installation kit. Follow the instructions on the manual for this.