Laticrete Strata Mat Uncoupling Membrane & Mat
Choose Laticrete STRATA MAT and lose the heavy, hard to handle, difficult to install backer board panels! Save time and money and install with LATICRETE recommended products for substrate to tile system warranty!
$ 205.04 – $ 384.85
Item No.: 0177-0323-2
Item No.: 0177-0150-2
The thin, easy-to-install Laticrete STRATA MAT is a lightweight, high performance uncoupling membrane that provides an excellent underlayment for ceramic tile and stone installations on wood and cement substrates and is suitable for both residential and commercial applications. The unique, patent pending design of the Laticrete Strata Mat uncoupling membrane enhances the mechanical bond between the adhesive mortar and the mat and reduces mortar drying time thereby shortening the downtime required before grouting. Laticrete Strata Mat uncoupling membrane is engineered specifically for use with both unmodified and modified mortars thereby enabling the contractor to comply with industry guidelines and choose the correct mortar for installing porcelain, large format tiles and stone.
The unique design of the Laticrete Strata Mat offers benefits to the installer when compared to solid plastic uncoupling mats including the ability to visually verify adequate thinset coverage on the bottom of the mat without have to lift that mat to check thereby risking interfering with the initial bond of the bottom of the Laticrete Strata Mat to the substrate. The color of the translucent plastic and fabric mesh construction of the Laticrete Strata Mat will darken as the bottom of the mat is pressed into the thinset troweled out on the substrate. It is therefore easy to spot through the top of the mat if there is sufficient thinset coverage on the bottom of the Laticrete Strata Mat.
The Laticrete Strata Mat is also light weight and easy to install when compared to backer board. The difference in weight is significant both in terms of time and labor needed to install the Laticrete Strata Mat. A 323 sq.. ft. roll of Laticrete Strata Mat weighs only 40lbs and can easily be carried by one person from a truck to a second floor residential installation site for example. The equivalent square footage of backer board weighs several hundred pounds and would require multiple trips.
In addition, the Laticrete Strata Mat is easily cut with a utility knife and, unlike backer board, does not require taping or screws to attached the Strata Mat to the substrate. In remodeling installations where excess dust is an issue inside a residence, it is often necessary to cut the backer board in an exterior environment to prevent dust accumulation thereby adding to the time needed to complete the installation. The Laticrete Strata Mat is dust free and can be cut interior at the site where the installation is planned thereby reducing the installation time and ensuring more accurate cuts in the underlayment around floor heat/AC vents and odd angles.
Laticrete Strata Mat is also designed to provide crack isolation and anti-fracture protection which is particularly useful on cement substrates. The Laticrete Strata Mat is fastened to the substrate with thinset and not screws as is the case with backer board, Because of this feature and the mesh fabric on the bottom side of the mat, the Laticrete Strata Mat will absorb lateral substrate movement of up to 1/8” and prevent that movement from damaging the tile installation.
- Laticrete Strata Mat Uncoupling Membrane is lightweight, easy to carry and install using standard tools; compare to backboard products.
- Once source supply and warranty. Install with LATICRETE recommended products for substrate to tile system warranty.
- Use either modified or non-modified mortars when installing tile as recommended by industry guidelines.
- Only 1/8” thick; avoid height transition issues to adjacent flooring.
- Eliminates transmission of in plane substrate cracks of up to 1/8″ (3 mm).
- Instant coverage verification· allows for installer to see mortar coverage underneath the mat during installation without having to lift and verify.
- Allows for easier floor layout as chalk lines are easily visible on surface prior to tile installation.
- Mortar Hydration Vents – creates a mechanical bond between the mat and adhesive mortar – allows the mortar to cure faster providing a stronger bond of tile at 16 – 24 hours for faster time to grout.
- Laticrete Strata Mat Uncoupling Membrane provides vapor management.
- Rated Extra Heavy per ASTM C627.
- Can be used under moisture sensitive stone.