Laticrete Cement PERMACOLOR SELECT Grout (Base Powder)
NEW! Now you can buy the uncolored grout base and just the amount of grout coloring you need for the job! No more throwing out unused grout at the jobsite or partial bags of open grout in the warehouse!
Item No.: 2600-0125-2
Item No.: 2600-0025-2
Laticrete PERMACOLOR Select Grout is an advanced high performance cement grout that offers the industry’s first dispersible dry pigment solution. The smaller PERMACOLOR Select Color Kits can now be purchased separately as needed, then added to the uncolored PERMACOLOR SELECT Base thereby eliminating the need to stock large quantities of different grout colors and reducing the amount of unused mixed grout thrown out at the jobsite. This Laticrete cement grout is designed for virtually all types of residential and commercial installations and offers optimum performance on the most demanding exterior or interior applications. Easy to mix, grout and clean, PERMACOLOR Select is fast setting and is suitable for joints 1/16″ to 1/2″ (1.5mm – 12mm) wide on floors or walls.
* United States Invention Patent No.: 6,784,229 (and other Patents)
Most commonly seen when tiles are being installed, a cement grout is a very important part of any construction. It is used primarily as a filler, but it has several other advantages as well. Your floors and walls get a crisp finish and an attractive look. In the case of tile installations, a well applied cement grout prevents dirt, grime, and debris from entering the gaps between the tiles. Additionally, it adds more stiffness and strength to the tile installation. There are primarily three categories of grout in common use. Two of these are cement based, and the third is epoxy based. Cement based grouts could be sanded grout or unsanded grout.
Grouts used for tile installations can be monochromatic, in which it blends in with the tile colors. The other type is dichromatic grout in which the color is in sharp contrast to the tile color, to make the grout lines stand out.
The grouting kit comes with STONETECH Sealer Technology to provide enhanced resistance to stains. That is why it never needs sealing. Laticrete Permacolor Select comes with a Permacolor Color Kit which has as many 40 available colors as well top competitor colors. The colors are very vibrant and have the capacity to minimize efflorescence. You won’t get the ugly white patches on your tiles a few months or years after application. The Greenguard certification on permacolor select ensures that there are very low volatile organic compounds (VOC) after the tiles are installed. Also, this product is equipped with antimicrobial protection. These are some of the reasons the Laticrete cement grout comes with a lifetime warranty.
Here are some of the additional technical features and specifications of Laticrete Permacolor Select grout:
- Exceeds the specifications of ANSI A118.7
- It is reinforced with Kevlar. That is why it is more crack and shrink resistant.
- The base is available in 25 lb. and 12.5 lb. bags
- Each carton of color packs comes in 0.5 lb. packs
- If you are able to store these packs in dry areas not in contact with the ground, then the base bags have a one year shelf life, and the color packs have a shelf life of two years.
- Reduce costs of grout inventory and unused mixed grout not needed on job site
- Enhanced stain resistance – Equipped with STONETECH® Sealer Technology
- Vibrant consistent color – minimizes efflorescence
- Reinforced with Kevlar® – crack & shrink resistant
- Exceeds ANSI A118.7
- Fast setting – ready for foot traffic in as little as 3 hours
- GREENGUARD® certified – low VOC
- Equipped with Anti-Microbial protection
- LATICRETE® Lifetime Warranty available
- PERMACOLOR Color Kit – Available in all 40 colors (10 x carton) plus top competitor colors!