Laticrete HYDRO BAN Liquid Waterproofing Membrane (5 gal)
Why spend hours “wallpapering” your shower installation with waterproof fabric membrane when you can save time, money and hassle by using Laticrete HYDRO BAN liquid waterproofing membrane (5 Gallon) for a secure, fast, and easy installation? Backed by a LATICRETE Lifetime System Warranty~ (see warranty details).
- Item No.: 9255-0005-2
Formulated from rubber polymer, HYDRO BAN is a liquid, single component, self-curing liquid waterproofing membrane that forms a thin, seamless, flexible waterproofing and anti-fracture membrane. HYDRO BAN liquid membrane waterproofing will bond directly to metal, PVC or ABS plumbing fixtures and is applied without the use of fabric including in coves or corners. Flood testing can be done over HYDRO BAN liquid waterproofing membrane in just 2 hours* after final cure saving time and money particularly when flood testing in cold temperatures and over mortar beds. Laticrete HYDRO BAN liquid waterproofing membrane is quicker to install than the cumbersome process of installing sheet membrane waterproofing. Buy Laticrete HYDRO BAN liquid waterproofing membrane 5 gallon online.
A liquid waterproofing membrane is used in construction to ensure that water and other liquids do not pass through. A common example of this use is when a waterproofing membrane is placed in between the top of a slab and the bottom of the finishing tiles. Apart from the membrane, there is also a filler material. This is laid at a slope so the water can slide off easily. This will prevent the formation of small puddles on the surface of the tiles.
Any waterproof material can be used to make these liquid waterproofing membrane. Usually the thickness of the membrane is up to a maximum of 4 mm. Generally, liquid membrane waterproofing can be done by using two types of membranes. These membranes could either be sheet based membranes or liquid applied membranes. Whatever the membrane used, it should be both flexible and strong. This ensures that the membrane can easily take up any shape it is laid over, without tearing. If the part of the building where the membrane is to be used is exposed to the sun, it should be stable to the effect of UV rays as well. This is why the best liquid waterproofing membranes are usually sheet based, so that these features can be incorporated.
You won’t need any fabric when you use the Laticrete HYDRO BAN 5 gallon pack. Also, the layer is very thin, to the extent of just 0.02 to 0.03 inches after curing. You need to be aware that once the curing is completed, the membrane would undergo a change in colour, from a light greyish sage colour to an olive green colour. It also contains a proprietary material Microban. This provides microbial protection to the structure.
Apart from its expected waterproofing function, the HYDRO BAN 5 gallon also provides anti-fracture protection of up to an eighth of an inch, over shrinkage and other non-structural cracks. HYDRO BAN is compliant with the relevant construction codes. It has been accorded an Extra Heavy Service performance rating on the ASTM C627 Floor Test. Additionally, it is 12IAPMO approved, and it exceeds the specifications listed in ANSI A118.10 and A118.12 as well. Finally, this product comes along with a Lifetime System Warranty which tells us how confident the manufacturers are about its quality and durability.
- Liquid waterproofing membrane does not require the use of fabric including for corners, coves and wall-to-wall seams.*
- Liquid waterproofing membrane allow for flood testing in 2 hours at 70°F (21°C) or higher**
- Liquid waterproofing membrane bonds directly to metal, PVC and ABS plumbing fixtures only
- Thin; only 0.02–0.03″ (0.5–0.8 mm) thick when cured
- Changes in color from a light sage to an olive green when cured
- Anti-fracture protection of up to 1/8″ (3 mm) over shrinkage and other non-structural cracks
- Liquid waterproofing membrane is safe—no solvents and non-flammable
- Use liquid waterproofing in Install tile, brick and stone directly onto membrane
- Extra Heavy Service performance rating (ASTM C627 Robinson Floor Test)
- 12IAPMO approved; Exceeds ANSI A118.10 and A118.12 (crack isolation and waterproof standards)
- Contains Microban® antimicrobial product protection
- Backed by a LATICRETE Lifetime System Warranty~ (see warranty details).
* For gaps 1/8″ (3 mm) or less see DS 663.5 for complete instructions
**Refer to cautions section for more information on curing